Life's BANANAS, and I'm just trying to "unpeel" it's mysteries...
(You, you see what I did there? My nickname is Hannah Banana, and I mention bananas, so "unpeel"... Oh never mind)

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Kings vs. Vancouver Game 1 Viewing Party

Stanley Cup Game 1 Viewing Party ~ LA vs. Vancouver ~ ESPN Zone @ LA Live ~ Thursday ~ 7 pm ~ with my dad...

We're standing in line to put our names in, and I am handed a raffle ticket (dad passes).  I say, you can't win if you don't play!!  So we finally settle in to wait for our table at ESPN Zone when I see "Lucky" Luc Robitaille walk by.  Darn.  I forgot to bring my old school trading card for him to sign... assuming I can get close enough to him!  After our last meeting (see my Facebook photo album for the last Tip-a-King), I'm sure they have given my photo and description to security... ;-)





Before we order our food, the Kings Crew Member comes around with a raffle ticket for each of us (not realizing I already had my freebie - oh right, like I'm going to turn 2 more down - 2 since I had dad's again!)...

My Eats: Buffalo chicken sandwich and fries.... and a beer... dad paid for my meal & 1 beer, and I'm trying to save $$, so I was cool with only 1...

Dad's munchies: Fettuccine alfredo and a soda....

Anyway, I'm not going to blog about everything that happened in each period, since you can go here to read that.  I will say that I was impressed with Quickie (thought he made some fantastic saves, including an amazing one in OT), and with Stoll and Richardson... Simmer finally had some energy too.  All we need to do is bench Randy Jones, make some crisper passes, and bump it up offensively/physically (Kopi and Brownie, can you hear me?).

At the 2nd intermission they start giving out stuff, and... nothing for Hannah *sad face*...

After the 3rd... more stuff without Hannah's name on it...

So it goes to OT (*sigh, we lose*)...  They announce the final prize, which goes to a Dale-somebody.

Hmm... no Dale...  Then that left Jay "Kings Crew-leader" with only one choice...  the autographed jersey goes to Hannah Freed!!!!!!  No freaking way?!  I swear it was a surreal moment... then I screamed like a little girl.  Dale returned from the bathroom and asked if I wanted to cut it in half and share... uh... no?  Some guy offers me $100, then $150 for it too... Nah, I think I'll keep this one:






Motto of the story:  Kings watch parties freakin' kick ass!!!!

That is all. You are dismissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment