Life's BANANAS, and I'm just trying to "unpeel" it's mysteries...
(You, you see what I did there? My nickname is Hannah Banana, and I mention bananas, so "unpeel"... Oh never mind)

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Best day ever (well, for the most part...)



Josie was meowing at me to wake up and feed her breakfast... man, are kids demanding!  Ah well...  I fed her, then lay in bed for a little bit, but not too long, because I knew I had to clean for the "Beignet Party"!


Believe me, this has been a looooong time coming.  The event was first discussed back when I lived with the "Del Mar Girls" - Jen and Becca.  With everyone's crazy schedules, it never worked out...  I guess it took all of us moving out to finally make this shit happen!


In any case, I cleaned, then worked on the fruit salad, once Misha and Tasha came back from the Farmer's Market with the fruit (it's an important ingredient!).  Fruit salad is easy, but man is cutting up the fruit time-consuming...  I barely had enough time to make the dressing and finish cleaning/getting ready before people show...


Here are the beignets in all their powdered-sugar glory:




And here are our guests (the cook is wearing the powdered-sugar stained apron... though Mom and Cath helped!):


(Those are all the pictures I took as I was too busy... eating!!! duh!)

I spent most of the day after they left cleaning and organizing... y'know... fun stuff.  Then I was able to convince Cath to come with me to the LA Kings Watch Party...  We parked ourselves in the bar area, where they eventually showed it on 3 screens:




Here's Cath having fun:



Here's me when I won another prize... a free pint of ice cream!






Here's Cath when she realized that sudden-death overtime in the Playoffs goes for 20 extra minutes, not 5...  


** Note the purple nail polish!! Yeah! **

It's ok Cath... look, it's over!!



GO KINGS GO!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Oh, the reason I say "for the most part", is that I dropped my phone off the little bar table, and it may be dead.  I am hoping it is better in the morning (Dear cell phone... Heal Thyself, please!)

1 comment: